Sunday, June 16, 2013

2013 Father's Day Night Fishin' - "An Eight Hour Tour"

For those of you that KNOW me, 3 hours of fishing is comparable to a fat kid getting a freezie pop from the ice cream truck.  It's just not enough!  Don't get me wrong, I loved the time with my family earlier in the day.  It's priceless, and I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING.  However, I need some more fishing time.  It's my leisurely passion!

@ 2:00 my buddy Chad asks if we can fish Beltzville tonight.  I explained that we were just walking in the door from a short morning trip ... BUT SURE!  9:30PM and I was on the water again.  Water temps were hovering around 68 degrees.  Our goal was to hook into a few stripers!


The night was calm for the most part and the stripers were the only things making noise as they rustled up the alewives against the banks.  We sat around and tossed right dab smack in the middle of them while it lasted.


It's simply amazing how feisty these little critters are!  My rod was nearly doubled under the boat on numerous occasions tonight.  The size hasn't been the same as in years past, but the numbers are still there.  (Don't get me wrong, I'll take 4lb. and 5 lb. stripers any day of the week).  You just have to find what they want!  Tonight, we were able to do that!


We were even rewarded with a few BONUS fish tonight!


Chad only landed 1 fish tonight but this WALLEYE made his night.


P.S. Always stay awake on the ride home, or you face the high possibility of starring in pictures like this:


We boated between 10-12 stripers, 2 smallmouth bass and a walleye tonight.  NOT TO SHABBY for the DEAD SEA!

Note: This post is dedicated to Abel DeLuna.  Abel was one of 47 seniors that just graduated Lincoln Leadership Academy.  Abel drowned earlier today at a swim party for our seniors.  Abel was an outstanding young man and a  member of our first ever graduating class,   You will NEVER be forgotten.  Rest in Peace Abel

steeler

No comments:

Post a Comment