Thursday, July 14, 2011

"SPLASH" Night Fishin' Adventures

Rather than go back and attempt to tell a story from every fishing trip this year, I'm simply going to post a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.  My buddy Wayne and I probably started our night fishing season in early April this year.  Yes, I'm too lazy to look at the pictures to be exact, but we have been called CRAZY by quite a few people.  We are out there night fishing when the temperatures drop into the low 30's but who cares?  The fish are biting so life is good!  Who cares if you have to chip ice of your guides every few casts?  NOT US!  LOL  We usually fish Beltsville Lake in Lehighton, PA.  This lake has been called the DEAD SEA by many fishermen/fisherwomen, but we have established a decent pattern on this particular body of water.  No, I'm not going to give away our lures of choice or specific location where we find fish consistently, but I can throw a hint or two every now and then.  We fish for stripers, walleyes, largemouth, smallmouth and pickerel.  Every now and then the occasional trout, musky or catfish will latch onto our offerings to check the boat out - but so be it.  We take a picture and splash almost every fish back into the drink!  We also like to fish Marsh Creek in Downingtown, PA and Lake Wallenpaupak up in Hawley, PA.  I hope you enjoy the pictures while you are sitting there off task at work.  No worries though - I won't tell your boss about the slacking off and issues (obsession) you clearly have with fishing like ME.  Enjoy the pictures

This chunky walleye decided to DESTROY my topwater selection around 3 in the morning.  SPLASH

Nothing beats a BIG largemouth bass!  I've been lucky enough to hook into nearly 20 bass over 4 lbs. this year.  I'm off to a good start and hope this trend doesn't stop anytime soon.  It's too much fun - SPLASH 

Here was the 1st connection of the night - a decent smallmouth named SPLASH :)  This was a great night by the way.  Totaled nearly 33 fish that night on a NEW and top secret top water lure.  I'm sure this thing will be all over the market within a few weeks because it works like peanut butter does for jelly.  I'm not kidding!

Believe it or not I actually do catch a few fish while the sun is out.  No, I'm not a vampire!  SPLASH

Are words really needed for this shot?

Yes, sometimes you have to make a silly face!  Stripers tend to make us happy!  SPLASH

Here was the BIG brother of the family!  Believe it or not my first ever striper at Beltsville was 14 lbs.  I caught it up near the dam using a BIG Husky Jerkbait.  See, here is one of those hints I was talking about.  NOTHING beats a striper attacking a topwater lure between the hours of 1:00 - 5:00 AM.  SPLASH

The "EYES" always make for great night time pictures!  SPLASH

We know where the walleyes hide at Beltsville!  SPLASH

I always enjoy catching these toothy critters (A.K.A. pickerel)  SPLASH


Hope you enjoyed these pictures.  I have so many to go around but these were on my work laptop.  Have a great day and thanks for visiting my blog.  Hopefully you have something to now push you through the day.  P.S. SPLASH simply means all fish were placed back into the lake.  I hope to catch them all again one day. 

steeler

2 comments:

  1. Nice start to your blog David! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fat Boy! Now I need to get out and do some fishin' so another post can be made. HaHa

    ReplyDelete