Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pike Fishing Ontario, Canada 2011

What better place to start my blog career than posting a few pike fishing pictures from May 2011 in Ontario, Canada? I'll keep it short and to the point for my first post.  I traveled to Canada with some great guys from May 20-27, 2011.  We stayed at Singleton Lake http://www.singletonlake.ca/facilities/fishing/  It was my first ever fishing trip north of the border and it didn't disappoint.  Our target species was the Northern Pike but there were several other species that decided to join in the fun.

In all, there were 6 of us that went on the trip.  In our cabin was my brother Steve and good buddy (and weekly fishing partner) Wayne.  We had an absolute blast chasing around these toothy critters.  If I remember correctly, the 3 of us totaled nearly 300 fish.  I don't have totals or pictures of the other 3 guys, sorry.  Steve left after 5 days and will NEVER hear the end of it b/c we caught some of our biggest fish over the final 2 days.  A special thanks goes out to Mr. Tom Gonya for inviting us along.  It was the trip of a lifetime.  Thanks to Pete (owner) for the outstanding hospitality.  The trip cost roughly $400 per man. You just can't beat it!

                             My 1st picture worthy pike

Wayne's SWEET smallmouth

Steve's 1st picture worthy fish

Another decent pike

Steve's Perty Pike

Nothing like fishin' amongst the MOO's

A sweet LARGE mouth bass

Okay, another SWEET largemouth

A rainy and SLIPPERY pike

These guys keep trying to "steal the show"

                     Wayne's JERK bait bonanza

                                          Another fine specimen

Mr. LARGE mouth making another appearance

Even the crappies put up a great fight

Wayne's BIG pike 

I still can't get over this perty small mouth

Wayne had to try and keep pace

and last but NOT LEAST - my favorite picture of all

2 comments:

  1. Nice job, Dave! Blog's looking good... although I can't believe that last picture is posted as your "favorite" from the trip haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post ! I really love this blog. Nice pictures collection.
    Fishing Ontario Canada

    ReplyDelete