Monday, November 18, 2013

Hello, my name is steeler and I'm a fishaholic!

The plan was to hit the Susquehanna this Saturday, November 16, 2013.  You know the routine - leave my house at 4:00AM and hit the water at first light.  Why is it that plans rarely go as planned?  HAHA ... My buddy Chad fell asleep Friday night and didn't throw his fishing gear in the dryer.  He attempted to do so at 3:30AM only to discover his dryer "kicked the bucket!"  I'm thinking this was a sign of things to come.  However, my name is steeler and I'm a fishaholic!  Chad threw his clothes in my dryer and we finally left around 7:00AM.  We were on the water by 9:00AM!  Too bad the fish weren't ready to take pictures.

Fishing was so tough we had to place "rally tubes" in our beanies!  When times are tough, the tough wear "rally tubes" in their beanies.  Water temps ranged from 38-40.  The water was gin clear and blue bird skies hovered above.  Uggggh!  We fished from 10:00 to 4:00 and landed ONLY 7 fish!  It was heart-breaking!

Here are a few shots from the worst day I've ever had on the North Branch of the Susquehanna River:

We tossed jerkbaits, "little spanky's", crankbaits and about 10 different color tubes.  This one like the orange w/purple flake.  On the way home we decided that we didn't get our money's worth and decided to hit Beltzville Lake.  We only stayed for two hours or so but it was worth it.  I lost a nice walleye at the boat in the first 10 minutes.  Then we hooked into these gals:



I know many people would be happy with this haul.  However, this was one of the toughest days this year.  I will give it another try soon!  I'm guessing it's time to concentrate on stripers for a little.  I'm ready to go now!  Thanks for reading.  Hope you enjoyed!  - steeler

No comments:

Post a Comment