Sunday, November 10, 2013

Chasing 40 on my 40th



This Thursday, November 7, 2013 I turned 40 years old.  As many of you know, there is no other way I'd like to celebrate this occasion than spending a day chasing smallmouth bass.  This birthday was special in more ways than one.  I was joined on this trip by Tavion - my 14 year old son.  I almost lost my "scruples" when my Tavion said he would join me fishing this weekend.  Does it get any better than this?

We hooked up the boat and headed for the North Branch of the Susquehanna at 4:00AM.  Yes, my son slept the entire way.  However, if that's all it takes for him to join dad for a day of fishing ....so be it!  We arrived to the ramp around 6:30 and were in the water by 7:00.  Air temperature was 26 degrees.  Water temperatures started at 38 and rose to 41 as the day went on.  Within the first 3 minutes, there was a fish in the boat.  Yes, let the pictures begin.








Our day ended at 4:00PM.  I had to get my son back to attend a party with his girlfriend.  Pop earned a bunch of "COOL" points for this.  Maybe he will join me again one day soon!  Thanks for reading ....

steeler

No comments:

Post a Comment