Sunday, November 20, 2011

Seeking MORE smallies on the Susquehanna 11/12/11

Hello everyone,

Sorry this wasn't posted sooner, but my good buddy Wayne and I were back on the Susquehanna River last weekend.  We were in search of these fish the locals call smallies.  HaHa ... 1st cast of the day and WE LANDED A DOUBLE!  OH BOY ... GOING TO BE A GOOD DAY. 

anyway, it was a cold day out there.  Water temps were 42-44 for the most part and the fish just wouldn't cooperate as expected.  We were able to bring in about 20 fish but it certainly didn't meet our expectations.  Oh well ... that's why they call it fishing.  That line is old but until someone coins a new phrase I'll stick with it. 

Wayne's best fish of the day sure was a BEAUTY


This sweetheart was just shy of 20 inches.  I was rather happy to say the least.  :)


Okay, I'm ready to get back on the drink and catch some pretty PIG BEASTS like this.

Another nice CHUNK


And last but not least ... this little guy had only one eye.  It was still good enough to see my tube bait.  Even better news, he will live to see for a long time out of that one eye.  CATCH & RELEASE only!  Thanks for checking out my blog and have a safe and happy TURKEY DAY.  steeler

1 comment:

  1. Good report steeler! Those fish are what make the Susquehanna River such a great destination. Keep up the good work.

    dadTB

    ReplyDelete