Friday, October 21, 2011

Susquehanna River Devastation

Hello Steeler Fishin' Fans!  I'm back to follow up on a promise from last week.  My buddy Wayne and I were able to return to the North Branch of the Susquehanna River this week.  Part of our goal was to take some better pictures of the devastation that STILL ravages the river banks - reminding us of these "2011 floods."  We also decided to do a little fishing while there.  Okay, we decided to do alot of fishing.

Nothing like a pretty fish with a BRIDGE in the background!  I know guys get mad for "spot burning" as they call it, but my intention is to show off this pretty fish and OUTSTANDING Pittsburgh Steelers Beanie cap. :)


Another fine specimen that deserves some "air time"


My buddy Wayne sharing a laugh with the smallie.  Honestly, I think Wayne scared this finned fella


Okay, one more nice smallie before we shift gears


And now some of the unfortunate devastation.  I don't think words will be needed after this.  You will see a picnic table 30 feet up in a tree, boats scattered everywhere (apparently washed down stream from many miles north) and houses that didn't get washed away ... but still damaged enough to be condemned.  SAD!

Yes, there is a PICNIC TABLE wedged up in that tree.






Please don't ask what happened here because I'm still NOT sure but ... yes, this smallie got caught in my beanie cap.  Thanks to Wayne we were able to get him unbuttoned and back into the water unscathed. 


Hey, I am a Pittsburgh Steeler fan YOU KNOW! Until next time .... good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment