Sunday, December 14, 2014

Cold Weather Line Sides


                                                                                                              Saturday, December 13, 2014

Air Temperatures - 38 degrees at 4:00 launch & 34 degrees at midnight
Water Temperatures - 39 to 40 degrees
Conditions - overcast and changing winds up to 10 mph - No moon!

This was just the 1st fish of many we pulled out of Beltzville tonight.  My wife asked why I never smile like this when we take pictures together?  My response: I put them back after taking a picture.  I'm keeping you forever!  Good comeback but she doesn't understand the adrenaline rush catching a 34 inch striper in 90 feet of water! 
Some may think we are crazy for launching at 4:00 PM on a chilly late fall day.  However, there were some extraordinary circumstances that caused this delay:

1. Chad's 15 year old cat decided to become a math teacher.  Apparently, he was teaching everyone in their household about the NUMBER 2.  I know ... bad joke!  Chad stepped in it and had to wash and dry his fishing sneakers before we could head out.

2. Chad pulled his usual "U-ee" upon arriving at my house.  Unfortunately, this time the curb decided to reach out and bite a hole in his tire.  Chad changed it in about 10 minutes so it wasn't that much of a delay.  Hope that new tire didn't cost too much buddy!

As you can see from the first picture, there's a GOOD reason we come out and brave the cold weather!  I had tears in my eyes most the night from the 10 MPH winds.  Even though I think they were more like 15-20 at times.  Here are some more pictures from our trip:

We landed a total of 6 line sides tonight.  4 of these fish were over 30 inches.  It was a great night! 
These guys were very energetic once pulled out of the water tonight!  I had fish stains everywhere.  Haha!


"Incidental Fish"  


It was a cold but eventful night on the lake.  The fish cooperated generously for our photo shoot.  The lake has risen about 5 feet from two weeks ago.  The steady rains and snow have helped!  Hopefully we can get back out a few more times before 2015 arrives.  Thanks for reading my blog.  Have a great night!

steeler










1 comment:

  1. Dave I told u stepping in that was gonna b good luck. Lmao!
    Chad

    ReplyDelete