Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hat Trick for stripers 5/23/2014

Another week - another fishing adventure.  It's been the same old story the past few weeks.  It rains on Wednesday and Thursday ruining the rivers for the weekend.  However, this time I had plans to head out to Pittsburgh for the weekend.  Before going though, I was able to get some fishing in with Ken and Billy.


The night started out well as Ken and I hooked into a double!  Always fun .... water temps up at Beltzville are now up to 64 degrees.  We fished with about 4 other boats tonight.  Our normal lures were successful again.  I'm surprised there aren't more people fishing up there.  Oh well ... more for us!  Besides, you still have to know what to catch these "wipers" with, right?

Ken hooked into this beauty and GEEZ did she have a fat belly.  I think she ate a coyote!  Nice fish, Ken.

Billy got into the action with this sweet walleye!  He is one funny dude.  Reminds me of my buddy Chad!  I'm sure we will all get together soon for a funny episode of the steeler fishing blog.


I know all this striper catching is going to come to an end soon, but is sure has been a memorable spring up at the "DEAD SEA!"    
 
I do believe our count for this trip was 15 fish.  Yes, we lost a few as usual but that comes with the territory. I can't wait for the next trip out.  Thanks for some great company tonight fellas.  FISH ON!

steeler

p.s. We were yelled at tonight for covering our light with a baseball cap.  Yes, it's not the safest thing to do.  However, nobody was near us and that light is so bright.  Besides, I think the fish bite better when that light is dimmed somewhat. Mr. Ranger - please accept our apology.  It will not happen again.



1 comment: