Sunday, April 7, 2013

Where's WALDO & Mooooooo ... 4/7/13

Spent Saturday night at my little brother's wedding.  Fishing was the last thing I expected to be doing on Sunday.  HOWEVER, the Mrs. encouraged me to get out of bed and chase some smallies.  Yeah, she's the best!  My other brother and I exchanged texts back and forth this morning.  Honestly, we both had to convince one another to hit the river (Susquehanna) for a few hours of fishin'.






We started fishing around noon and the clouds were covering the mountain side.  After about an hour, the sun peeked through, but so did the gusting winds.  GEEZ!  It was like a hurricane but without the rain!  This completely eliminated the tube bait bite.  HOWEVER, the jerkbaits were the ticket today.  Steve and I chucked Lucky Crafts from noon to 5:30.





Water temperatures ranged from 43 to 44.9 today.  In total, we brought 23-24 fish on board.  Most were in the 15-16 range.  If memory serves me correct, there a few nice fish today.  2 were 17 and 1 was a sweet 18.  We also took pictures with a walleye.  Haha!  Unfortunately, Steve lost his favorite Lucky Craft.  A musky decided he wanted to swim around the river with it hanging from its' mouth today.  :(   We also had about 5 or 6 fish come unbuttoned.





Great day of fishing that also included watching 1 adult eagle hovering above with three little ones.  Can't wait until next week!  I'm guessing this week of nice weather will really wake the smallies up.

steeler

1 comment: